Friday, November 15, 2013

은재 and I's trip to 창덕궁

The week after our trip to 태안's Shrimp Festival, I was in Seoul for orientation.  I got off early on Friday, so 은재 and I decided to meet up.  She suggested seeing 창덕궁 palace.  I'd already seen one of the palaces in Seoul.  I hadn't realized at the time that there were four different ones.  Still, I thought it might be boring, but 은재 talked me into it, and I'm glad she did.  Unlike the previous palace I'd seen, in this one we were allowed into "the secret garden," which is the king's garden that traditionally could only be entered with the King's permission.  It was quite beautiful.












Afterwards, 은재 and I went to a historical area of Seoul and looked around, and the got coffee and honey bread at one if the local cafés.  All around a very worthwhile experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment